If you are someone who is ready to take on any challenge and enjoys stepping out of your comfort zone, then Cheops is the right place for you. At Cheops you will find a community of driven and committed people. The ideal place to give your career a boost.
What do you do as a Network Engineer?
As a Network Engineer you are responsible for the development of network and security solutions for the customer from A to Z. You guide the customer through migration processes and new implementations.
You will join our project services department, where you will be involved right from the first phase of a project. You communicate clearly with all parties involved, both internally and with the customer.
You are responsible for your project and you ensure timely delivery. This means you see the solutions necessary to solve problems and you involve the right people in the process.
You identify which innovations offer real added value in the performance of the IT environment of our customers. You build insights from experience, which you translate into scalable concepts. In this way, the total added value that Cheops offers its customers can be ‘upgraded’.
You are an expert in your fields and you ensure additional support from fellow engineers for those fields where your own expertise is lacking. You manage the planning, budgets and other resources for the projects you are active in, and where you played a role in determining the scope. You always balance the constraints of the budget, performance, scope and timing in consultation with project managers and/or other stakeholders.
You plan with a view to minimising the impact on the customer and you anticipate potential challenges from the perspective of multiple possible solutions.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in networking & security
- Routing and switching, next-generation firewall, wireless and experience with DNS zone management
- Solving problems relating to 802.1x
- Knowledge of server management (Microsoft/Linux)
- Analytical skills for network problems with SYSLOG, PCAP files and Windows logs
Knowledge within the following domains are nice to have:
- Load Balancers & WAN optimisers
- Web & spam filters/SSO/SSL
- Security (risk evaluation, auditing, authentication, VPN, etc.)
- Prince2 or other project methodology
- Other relevant certifications are an extra benefit
Are you also ambitious by nature like Cheops?
Through our many years of experience, Cheops has grown into a quality label in IT & Business Technology Services. You will join a team that is guided by a clear vision of the future and where we always go the extra mile for our customers. We continually push our boundaries. Do you also share this drive to move forward together? Then apply today.
Dynamic people deserve dynamic benefits
Do you want to unlock the full potential of your knowledge and continue to grow in your job? Then our personal development plan is perfect for you. You will get the time and space for training, so that you become even better. Together we choose the project that best fits your ambitions and expectations and actively guide you.
On top of an attractive salary package you will also receive:
- Variety of trainings tailored to your ambitions
- A challenge in a rapid growth company with career opportunities
- Extra-legal benefits such as hospitalisation & group insurance
- A premium company car
- Fun with the Cheops Event Team